At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
This position is specifically for an upcoming field services project located nearest to Ludlow, CA. Candidate will be responsible for daily observation and reporting of contractor operations (i.e. construction field inspector). The candidate will be required to be on-site full-time during schedule contractor operations, generally Monday - Friday 0600hrs to 1600hrs. Candidate will be reimbursed for actual travel expenses (rental car and gas) and provided a per diem allotment for each day of contractor operations.
In the role of Freight Rail Intern, we'll count on you to:
* Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
* Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
* Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
* Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
* Perform other duties as needed
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Civil or Transportation Engineering program
* Attention to detail a must
* Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* Permitted to work in the United States
* Ability to rent a vehicle for travel to and use at project site
* Availability for full-time/over-time field services at the project site location near Ludlow, CA generally between 0600hrs and 1600hrs through the week (Monday - Friday)
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
* Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses. The expected compensation range for this position is $21.00 - $25.00 annually/hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.